Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, email, payment details and telephone number) whenever you complete an online form by which you consent to us holding that personal data for the purpose specified on that form. For example, we will obtain your personal data when you make an online purchase, use our contact form, fill out our breeder club form or sign up to our newsletter.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include but may not be limited to:
- Help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- Security vetting
- statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
- Customer profiling and analysing purchasing preferences
- Fraud prevention
- Billing and order fulfilment
- Pre-delivery notification and order tracking
- Competitions and newsletters
Lawful basis for processing your personal data
We will use the personal data that we hold or the purposes of:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Performing any order fulfilment or other obligations that we may have to you,
- Complying with our legal obligations,
- Protecting our legitimate interests or those of others but only if it is necessary to do so and those interest are not overridden by your own interests or rights. You have the right to challenge those interests and to request that we stop processing your personal data on this basis.
- We may process your personal data for any purpose to which you have expressly consented. You can withdraw that consent at any time.
- You should be aware that if you do not provide or withdraw consent to our processing certain personal data it may not be possible for us to continue to contact you in the future.
We may contact you by email or phone about our products, services and promotions but only if you have asked us to do so. If you have changed your mind and would prefer us not to contact you, then you can opt out at any time.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Our agents and service providers e.g. providers of web hosting or maintenance services
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you
- We store your personal data on secure servers
- Payment details are encrypted using ssl technology
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
Automated decision making
We use automated decision-making processes to manage our newsletter database.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his or her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- Give consent on their behalf to the processing of his or her personal data;
- Receive on their behalf any data protection notices;
Retention of your personal data
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained, and unless we have agreed otherwise with you we will at the end of the retention period securely destroy or delete it from our records. For further information see our data retention policy.
Your rights in respect of personal data
You have the right to information about what personal data we process, how and on what basis as set out in this policy.
- You have the right to access your own personal data by way of a subject access request. We will respond as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within one month unless the request is complex or numerous in which case the period in which we must respond can be extended by up to a further two months. There is no fee for making a subject access request, but if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive we may charge a reasonable administrative fee or refuse to respond to your request.
- You can correct any inaccuracies in your personal data. To do you should contact us.
- You have the right to request that we erase your personal data if we are not legally entitled to process it without your consent or if it is no longer necessary to process it for the purpose for which it was collected. To do so you should contact us.
- While you are requesting that your personal data is corrected or erased or are contesting the lawfulness of our processing, you can apply for its use to be restricted while that application is made. To do so you should contact us.
- You have the right to object to data processing where we are relying on a legitimate interest to do so and you think that your rights and interests outweigh our own and you wish us to stop such data processing.
- You have the right to object if we process your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing.
- You have the right to transfer your personal data to another data controller. We will not charge for this and will in most cases aim to do this within one month.
- With some exceptions, you have the right not to be subjected to automated decision-making.
- You have the right to be notified of a data security breach concerning your personal data.
In most situations we will not rely on your consent as a lawful ground to process your data. If we do however request your consent to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right not to consent or to withdraw your consent later. To withdraw your consent, you should contact us.
You have the right to complain to the information commissioner. You can do this be contacting the information commissioner’s office directly. Full contact details including a helpline number can be found on the information commissioner’s office website (www.ico.org.uk). That website has further information on your rights and our obligations.
- To keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
- To recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the site as you do not have to log on each time)
- To obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet
- To carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor/customer requirements and interests
- To target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests
- To make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example e.g. facebook, twitter, youtube and adobe flashplayer which we use to display video content. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information about these third party cookies please go to the website for the relevant third party.